How To Create A Sitemap For A WordPress Site.
In this video I will show you how to create a sitemap on your wordpress site. We will be using the Google XML Sitemap plugin. Personally this is my favorite plugin for sitemaps because it is extremely easy to use.
Step 1: Installing the Plugin 1:02
1) Open up your WordPress dashboard
2) Hover over plugins and click add new
3) In the search bar type Google XML Sitemaps
4) The plugin is called “Google XML Sitemaps” press install and then activate the plugin.
Step 2: Creating Your Site map 1:50
1) Hover over settings
2) Click on XML-Sitemaps
3) You will be taken to the plugin settings. Click on “build sitemap for the first time”
4) Your Sitemap has now been built
Step 3: Uploading To Webmaster Tools 2:40
1) If you do not have a Gmail or Google related account you need to create one. If you do search “Google Webmaster Tools”
2) Open Google Webmaster Tools and sign in. You will be welcomed with some information and there will be a place to add your website URL. Add your website URL there.
3) You will then need to verify your website. Watch the video below on easy ways to verify your website.
4) Once you have verified your site it is time to upload your site map.
5) Then click on sitemaps in the middle of the page
6) Click on the red button “Add/Test Sitemap”
7) A popup will appear with your site URL. Add sitemap.xml to the end of your URL and press Submit Sitemap
8) Your new sitemap will appear on Google Webmaster Tools Shortly.
If you have any questions about creating a sitemap please comment below!
Please like and subscribe! =)
More WordPress tutorials and online jobs: